Acne and Acne Scarring Treatment
Ance and acne scarring treatment with Microneedling and Photobiomodulation (light therapy) can clear up acne and get rid of acne scarring! Scarring takes a bit longer, and can often be fully healed. Combined with Chinese herbal treatment maximizes the outcome.
I combine different treatment modalities to get the best effect.
Here’s what’s included:
1. Microneedling to heal acne and acne scarring and rejuvenate the skin.
Microneedling increases collagen and elastin production and heals and rejuvenates the skin. Here’s one scientific study (there are lots) for reference:
1. A study published in the Journal of Cutaneous and Aesthetic Surgery in 2016 found that microneedling was effective in the treatment of acne scars. “Microneedling in the treatment of acne scarring” by A.A.A. Al-Mohtaseb, published in the Journal of Cutaneous and Aesthetic Surgery in 2016.
2. Topical Chinese Herbs to clear out the heat and toxins causing the acne. Microneedling drives the herbs into the subdermal level to reduce inflammation.
3. LED Light Therapy using blue light to kill bacteria, yellow light to remove red spots and pigmentation, and red light to help reduce redness, and inflammation and heal the skin. Some studies showing the benefits of light therapy for treating acne:
1. A study published in the Journal of Cosmetic and Laser therapy in 2016, entitled “A randomized, controlled, split-face study to assess the efficacy of blue light in the treatment of mild to moderate acne”.
2. A study published in the Journal of Drugs in Dermatology in 2015, entitled “A randomized, controlled trial of blue and red light combination LED phototherapy for the treatment of acne”.
4. Infrared Mat Therapy: helps kill bacteria, reduce inflammation, increases blood circulation to clear out toxins, and increases collagen production to improve the appearance of acne scars. Some research:
1. A study published in the Journal of the European Academy of Dermatology and Venereology in 2019, entitled “The effect of near-infrared light on Propionibacterium acnes: a randomized controlled study”
2. A study published in the Journal of Dermatological Treatment in 2018, entitled “The effects of infrared light on acne: a randomized controlled trial”
3. A study published in the Journal of Cosmetic and Laser therapy in 2016, entitled “The use of infrared light in the treatment of acne: a randomized controlled trial”
4. A study published in the Journal of Photochemistry and Photobiology B: Biology in 2016, entitled ” The effect of infrared light on sebum production in human sebocytes”
5. A study published in the Journal of Dermatological Treatment in 2015, entitled “The use of infrared light in the treatment of acne: a pilot study”
5. Internal Chinese Herbs may be prescribed to help clear out the toxins and acne from the skin. I’ve had good results in the past just using internal herbs and recommending dietary changes.
6. Dietary Consultation to assess your diet and identify foods that may be contributing to the acne, with recommendations of how to balance the diet to help.
7. Recommended: Nanoneedling. Nanoneedling can help unclog pores, exfoliate the skin, reduce inflammation and promote collagen production. Nanoneedling can be done in between microneedling treatments (which can only be done every four weeks).
What programs are available for Acne and Acne Scarring?
Single Acne/ Acne Scarring Treatment, with Microneedling, Topical Chinese Herbs, LED Light Therapy, and Infrared Mat Therapy is $450. This is only available as an add-on if you need another session or two after completing a package.
The Basic Program is everything in a single session, once a month for four months, including Dietary Consultation. $1200.
The Signature Program is a 3-month program of 10 treatments, including Dietary Consultation, the same as the single treatment, except microneedling is done once a month, and in the weeks in between, you get nanoneedling to help exfoliate the skin instead. $2500.
Note that you should see improvements after each session. Please call for a consultation. Depending on the severity of the acne/ scarring, it may take more or less treatments to get the results you want.